Shaft Alignment Trainer (SAT)
Shaft Alignment Trainer (SAT) is the most comprehensive device on the
market for shaft alignment training. It is designed for studying a wide
variety of problems that can arise when two shafts are misaligned. It is
a hands-on trainer for maintenance professionals. It provides a unique
mechanism for studying soft and sprung foot. It is a realistic simulator
with a one inch diameter shaft that fits standard couplings.
Why SATUnderstanding the Misalignment IssuesMisalignment is probably the most common cause of machinery malfunction. A poorly aligned machine can cost a factory 20% to 30% in machine down time, replacement parts, inventory, and energy consumption. The payback from aligning machinery to extend the operating life and optimize process conditions is very large. At first glance it seems that aligning two mating shafts should be a simple process. In the real world, however, there are many complicating factors. For example, either one or both shafts may be locked or have limited rotation. One or both shafts may float axially. The machine may have a soft or sprung foot at one or more locations along with a soft and/or warped baseplate. The alignment positions may become bolt bound. Keeping in mind that acceptable final alignment is typically less than 2 mils, maintenance professionals often find it very challenging to attain proper alignments.
The Ultimate Tool for Teaching Shaft AlignmentSpectraQuest’s Shaft Alignment Trainer (SAT) is the most comprehensive device on the market for shaft alignment training. It is designed for studying a wide variety of problems that can arise when two shafts are misaligned. It is a hands-on trainer for maintenance professionals. It provides a unique mechanism for studying soft and sprung foot. It is a realistic simulator with a one inch diameter shaft that fits standard couplings. Its modular design facilitates simulation of multiple element drive trains. The SAT is available in a two train and in a three train configuration. Each SAT incorporates two fully adjustable modular units featuring horizontal jack bolts, calibrated and reference dials, and replaceable feet. The three train SAT adds a fixed module which simulates a non-adjustable machine, but, the shaft can be offset and axially floated.
• Misalignment in both horizontal and vertical planes, both angular and parallel (four horizontally mounted jack bolts with calibrated dials and slotted
shims for elevation).
• Calibrated parallel and angular misalignment easily introduced.
• Learn to recognize and correct soft and sprung foot conditions.
• Modular design for easy customization.
• Portable, robust, and comprehensive alignment trainer.
Mechanical Shaft Diameter
1″ diameter; Turned, Ground, & Polished (TGP) steel Bearing
Pillar block ball bearing
Foundation 3″ x 10″ aluminum channel and four rubber isolators
Approximately 60lb for 2 train and 90lb for three train
Dimensions L=30″ for 2 train and 48″ for three train, W=10″ , H=13″
SpectraQuest has designed various option kits for performing different in-depth studies on the SAT.
Basic shaft alignment workbook (SAT-SAW)
• Provides valuable information on the basic knowledge needed to begin understanding shaft alignment of rotating machinery, and reviews the importance of alignment, preliminary steps, how to measure shaft positions, and basic graphing techniques.
Shaft alignment self study guide (SAT-SSG)
• Complement to the basic shaft alignment workbook, it contains eight lessons for the self study of shaft alignment.
Soft / Sprung Foot Kit (SAT-SKF)
• Study the effect of soft and sprung foot conditions.
• The kit consists of three soft-feet of different lengths and one sprung-foot
AlignmentQuest Bracketry with Built-in Inclinometer (SAT-BKT)
• Accommodates 1″ to 8″ diameter shafts
• The kit consists of two precision dial indicators, two mounting brackets with one inclinometer, two 12″ bars, two 6″ bars, one mirror, and one set of feeler gauges packaged in a rugged plastic case.
High Value Combination Packages
The SAT provides a basic setup for teaching shaft alignment. The combination packages offer a turnkey training solution by including alignment software and self-guided course curriculum.
Package # 1 : Two Train Alignment Training System
Package # 2 : Three Train Alignment Training System
Option Kits PK1 PK2 SAT three machine train (2 adjustable modules) S3MT X
SAT two machine train S2MT X
AlignmentQuest Software AQS X
AlignmentQuest Bracketry with Built-in Inclinometer SAT-BKT X
Shaft alignment self study guide SAT-SSG X
Basic shaft alignment workbook SAT-SAW X
Soft / Sprung Foot Kit SAT-SKF X