Date : 29 – 30 July 2021; Online Training via Zoom
Time: 9.30am – 4.00pm (MYT)
Trainer: Mr. Krish, MITS Solutions Asia Sdn Bhd
High speed PCB design skill is critical to support today’s advanced digital era and explosive data communication needs. In conjunction to this, besides miniaturization trends, logic devices switching rise/fall times reduce significantly resulted in numerous huge interconnect challenges from circuit design up to PCB & system level. For example, Gigabit Ethernet (400 GbE) is a new generation wired communication standard supporting the project explosion in data traffic with the booming application of Internet of Things (IITO) and 5G mobile broadband. Electrical interface with 4 level pulse amplitude modulation (PMA-4) signaling over 8 lane is adopted to enable these huge high speed data transfer and bandwidth. This 3-day class provides insight on foundation of high speed design understanding & requirements, focus on layout best practices and introduction of practical industry electrical simulation tool with HSFF.
Upon completing the training you will be able to:
- Understand fundamental digital layout design issues.
- Cost effective design and layout without sacrificing signal integrity
- Cookbook design rules that ensure your layout will function properly
- Learn PAM4 protocol, requirements & design challenges
- Apply HFSS simulation using Ansys simulation tools
- Key concept such as transmission line & characteristic, impedance matching, termination, etc.
This training provides a comprehensive coverage of the essential high speed design knowledge and skill to accomplish success in latest state of art high speed system design. It is a 3 days interactive session which participants will build a solid foundation of knowledge, techniques and tools in this hands-on training session. Learning will be enhanced through addition of case studies review and discussion in group.
Suitable for :
- Digital logic engineers and system architects
- EMC specialists
- PCB layout professionals
- IC designers
- Applications Engineers
- Engineering and project Managers
- High-Speed Fundamentals
- Introduction to Signal Integrity & Power Delivery
- Review of PCB Interconnect Structures & Component of IC Packaging
- Transmission Line Concept
- Impedance Matching
- Termination Requirements
- Signal Return & Power/Ground, Stack Up Recommendation
- EMI Requirements
- Signal Modulation: PAM vs PWM
- PAM Design Challenges
- S Parameters, Return Losses
- Introduction to EDA tools, Ansys
- PAM Lab Modelling Exercises
- SI Measurement Technique