- Weld Inspection
- Tubes and Pipes
- Pressure Vessels
- Turbine Blades
About Linear Arrays
The linear array is the most common form factor used in industrial phased array testing including TFM/FMC applications. The linear array allows electronic control of the active plane of the transducer including steering angle, depth of focus, and position of the sound beam.
Piezocomposite Linear-Array ceramic
1. A single element in the array. In this graphic, 1 of 16 elements.
2. Width of a single element.
3. Space between adjacent elements.
4. Array Pitch; the distance between the center points of two adjacent elements. Pitch controls the arrays resolution and steering ability.
5. Array Elevation; the length of the elements.